This past Saturday, a few friends organized a trip to take the "extranjeros " to a little town called Tapalpa. It's a beautiful little colonial town approximately 2 hours drive from Guadalajara. It's know as "Pueblos Magicos" - Magical Town .. I think :) First we had to join our friend Samuel in a 2 hour seminary lecture on "Apocalipisis" - The book of Revelations (English) at 8am ... all in Spanish and freezing through it all! Someone brought "Arroz con leche" Rice with milk, cinnamon & sugar for breakfast - was "muy rico".
I have no clue how to dress these days ... winter is arriving soon, so it's freezing in the morning and evening but hot summer days in the afternoons. So weird! It rains in the summer but not in the winter. I love the weather here though, the sun is out most days!
To see the pics go to my facebook page-
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=235739&id=649066268
If anyone has any idea how to upload pics in a slideshow format on here ... please holler!
Well, I was nominated "shopper of the day" and the Tapalpa welcomes me back anytime :) The town is super-clean and really pretty. Lots of home-made stuff to buy. The absolute highlight of my day was the horse-riding. Daniel & I went hors-riding, it was only my second time (the first with Trilinear in Monkey Valley :)) but this time was sooo different. They give you the horse and you free to go, in the beginning my horse started galloping really fast and I had no idea what to do, and so I screamed :) Then they realized I need to know the rules - A pull to the left to go left, a pull to the right to go right, a sharp pull up to stop or slow down, and a kick to go faster. Couldn't believe I got the hang of it soooo quickly. I used to be so afraid - I guess the Lord has delivered me from all of my fears :) It was awesome, we went really fast and at times thought I was going to fall off but just held on tight and often pulled the rope to slow down. Awesome! It only cost us like 50 pesos for nearly an hour - not even R30. In SA perhaps R300 for 1 hour. This was the highlight of my day!
On our back, at a stall along the side of the road, I bought some cheese, the best I 've ever eaten- Freshly made! Rasberry jam made from the rasberries growing right there :) Jam, cheese, honey and cajeta (similar to caramel). This guy was so nice, he dished out spoons and spoons of tastings.
My Mexican amigos are so similar to my SA amigos - they love taking pics too :)
I'm really so blessed over here. My new friends absolutely goes out of their way to give me a good time.
As you'll notice .. these days I speak lots of Spanglish.
This was my first post :) Kinda cool, me gusta!
No comments:
Post a Comment